Today I want to introduce to you one of the crucial successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Area), which is oriented in the direction of the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For individuals who never played DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game concept I will explain it in detail:
League of Legends would not put excessive necessities in your PCs. You want at the least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free onerous disk area, - DSL or related
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You can too create an account on US whereas residing in Europe however you will experience higher pings then. I give you a link to create an account in my author's bio. Choose a reputation (at all times the toughest part) and a pleasant image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are more game modes, however they don't seem to be vital at first because as a newbie you should start with 5vs5 to be taught the gameplay). Before every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your personal preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, somewhat boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) different champions and each second week one is added.
Every champions has 4 different abilities (three regular and one extra strong, the "Final") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You study the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is eighteen which suggests that you have 5 factors in every regular capability and three in your ultimate.
You obtain expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them your self!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
At first you generally play whatever you want, later it is helpful to communicate with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the identical kind.
The totally different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means ability power, they primarily deal magical injury with their skills)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they mainly deal physical injury with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are hard to kill and shield their very own carries, for example by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They've either buffs or heals to help their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't begin within the lane but within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The fascinating point is: Relying on the objects you equip on your champions they're usually able to fulfill totally different roles!
To start with you do not have own champions, however every week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should buy extra champions with influence factors (IP) in the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 completely different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you have to destroy before you can attack the base itself. As a help your most important building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which allow you to in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place impartial monsters are located. In case you kill those you obtain gold and/or momentary buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on items in the shop.
This doesn't take long since you do not have much gold within the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (right here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or helping to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of items which grant you further earnings (the so called gold/5 items -> they provide you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
When you destroy the enemy fundamental building (Nexus) your crew wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nonetheless, you need to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the two towers which protect the Nexus. So it is not the very best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in the event you do not push the lanes on the similar time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, hardly ever more than an hour. As soon as the match reaches minute 20 it's also doable to surrender.
Extra game modes are a 3vs3 and a reasonably new domination map ("Dominion") the place you need to seize and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner stage 30 (clarification follows) during which you receive an Elo rely relying on your wins and losses. For freshmen I highly recommend the normal 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You do not solely select a reputation and an image for yourself (you're a so referred to as "summoner", don't mix it up with the "champions") however you are also able to stage up yourself and purchase small buffs with Influence Points (IP).